This term I am going to be redeveloping and continuing with my view of make-up and how it affects our daily lives. Simply walking through the mall, you are able to see different interpretations of make-up through the many company advertisements, and how women are supposed to visualize their own beauty by applying it. Why do we need companies and their media to show us how we should wear our make-up, or how we should generally look day-to-day? With this project, I will demonstrate how I believe make-up goes from one extreme, to the other. We present ourselves covered up, hiding behind a product with the perception that it will recreate us. When in reality, we are only creating an illusion that we are someone else wearing a shade of society’s idea of perfection. At the end of the day, we just rub it all off and become our natural selves. However, is this damaging? More and more, we are afraid to show our natural beauty in a society where most of us rather hide.
![]() |
| Amanda Zimmer; We our not their makeup; Photograph; 36"x 24"; 2013. |

No comments:
Post a Comment