The human species is a naturally selfish and curious creature.
We are constantly seeking new answers and confirmation of our own self-actualization.
The opinions of others have seemingly wedged themselves into our everyday
lives.
Don't believe me? Have you checked Instagram, Twitter or even
Facebook today? If the answer is yes, than your probably like me and the thrill
of posting something, then seeing the notifications of this and that person
liking your photos is exciting. However if you said no, than you will
eventually today, it’s just a matter of time.
Recently I was driving with my grandparents, elderly immigrants
from Portugal born in the late 20's. Now with that being said, it is hard to
believe all the new and different things that have been invented in the time
they have been alive. I wonder how crazy it must have been to go from a small
farm in Portugal with no electricity to now, electrical devices that are on
your person at all times, no wire required.
I digress; my grandmother was questioning me about my phone, as I was
about to type in an address on the GPS application. I explained to her that it had Internet and
it knew our location, along with allowing you to listen to music, check emails,
send messages and call someone. I distinctly remember my grandmother’s
response, "wow that's a smart phone", and it finally dawned on me how
smart my "smart phone" actually was. I don't know if that's amazing
or scary.
On the one hand its handy always being connected and being able
to share every moment with people. Whether that is through blogs, vlogs, posts
or tweets. On the other hand, what happen to privacy and living in the moment?
I have seen people at concerts or shows, filming it on their phones and
actually watching it through the screen!
Photos and videos are nice because they serve as a permanent record of
your experience. However if capturing that moment starts to interfere with
actually experiencing it first hand, than I think that's where you need to draw
the line.
With this in mind, I want my work to evoke craftsmanship and
emphasize the artist as a work of art rather than the piece itself. I take
reference from the constant documentation of the Internet, through painting
moments of memory captured in photographs and documenting this process through
video.
So if you want to be apart of every moment of my life, follow
me on all kinds of social media. :)
Twitter: @amberpacheco91
Instagram: @amberpacheco91
Facebook: Amber Pacheco
Blog: www.amberpacheco.blogspot.ca
Youtube and Vimeo: COMING SOON
Instagram: @amberpacheco91
Facebook: Amber Pacheco
Blog: www.amberpacheco.blogspot.ca
Youtube and Vimeo: COMING SOON
No comments:
Post a Comment