Monday, February 3, 2014

Interesting Artist I Discovered This Year

I will being listing interesting artist I discovered this year that influence my work.

Chapman Brothers:
They have interesting works with amazing detail.

Wengechi Mutu: 
She works with vintage medical illustrations, fashion, lifestyle magazines, porn and anthropological photos to construct her collages. Her work deals with ethnicity, politics, sexuality, identity and the body.

Theodora Skipitares:
Her work is really interesting. I just mainly looked at her dolls/puppets. She makes realistic life sized figures/puppets and miniature ones, uses the dolls for live performances.

Paul Buttler:
He took images then cut them out then layered the same image over and repeated. These images are interesting because in some you don't even see any part of the persons body all you see it the background image.

 
Heather Goodchild: 
She makes interesting fabric dolls and puts them in boxes with different scenes. Her works helping me figure out how to display my dolls.
Michael Pajon: His work is collage based. I like his stuff because he uses one image and adds a bunch of stuff over and under the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment