 |
| An abstracted/apocalyptic landscape in process |
Through out the last couple of years, I have concentrated on the use of colour in my paintings. Last term, my study was directed towards doing multiple little abstracted/apocalyptic landscapes and designs within a long rectangle. They all followed the theme of colour, and I was able to explore the use of colour, and how the effect of the colour changed depending on the different paintbrush strokes.
This term is new. For this term, I will be focusing less on landscapes, and more on the microscopic world. The paintings will still be colourful, with some being trippy, due to the colour scheme. The organic forms being depicted range from virus, flora, critters, and all things in between. With the colour use, I am hoping to abstract the subject, so that it isn't easily distinguishable.
 |
| One of the pages from Forms in Nature |
After studying a couple books, such as
Forms in Nature by Ernst Haeckel, and numerous sketches later, I have started my microscopic series, and I am so excited to see how they will all turn out.
 |
| A Sketch of a Jellyfish |
No comments:
Post a Comment