This year I have been focusing on Canadian Identity and how other cultures perceive Canada. I love to travel to other countries and learn about their culture. This summer I spent 3 months in Europe visiting various countries. I always found it surprising how other people perceived Canada. Things that we do in Canada that seem normal to us are sometimes viewed as strange in other countries. Also I have been living with international students and it has been an eye opener to see what they think of Canada and how we do things here.
In my art I would like to show all my findings about people’s
perception of Canada and bind it in a book.
I have always loved the look of books and enjoy the hands on process of
binding them yourself. I am hoping to
sew a group of signatures together to make the text block and then case it with
a hard cover. I like the idea of putting
everything in a book so people can easily flip through the pages.
Here is a sample book that I bound last year.


No comments:
Post a Comment